The Deutschmann Automation UNIGATE gateway connects devices, such as automation components and CANopen networks via their serial interface. UNIGATE takes on the task of a protocol converter and converts the different interfaces. The protocol of the terminal-unit is converted in the UNIGATE via a Script. This script is generated with the free PC-tool 'Protocol Developer' www.deutschmann.de/en/products/field-bus_iep/en/products/protocol_developer.html and it is optimally adapted to the end product and the requirements of the CANopen master. Changes in the firmware of the terminal-unit are not necessary.
UNIGATE CANopen is ideal for the use with terminal-units that do not have their own CANopen-interface. In no time and without development effort involved your product will become capable for CANopen-connection. The standard DIN-rail version features the protection type IP24.
Scope of functions
The UNIGATE gateway uses the complete data capacity of CANopen and supports all important speeds up to the maximum. The complete performance range of a CANopen Slave is supported by UNIGATE . For the CANopen-connection a DE-9 connector is provided, the connection of the serial side is made through screw-plug-connector (optionally through a DE-9 connector). The CANopen node can either be set by means of the integrated switch or through script-commands itself. A large number of diagnosis LEDs signal the state of the device on the CANopen-side as well as on the serial side. Due to the script the user has all liberties and possibility, from a simple transparent data transfer over the generation of complex protocols up to editing data.
With UNIGATE CL-modules you bring existing components (also older devices) into modern networks. As device manufacturer you save the development of the interface based on the corresponding field-bus or Ethernet. Due to the continuity of the Deutschmann UNIGATE CL-series scripts that have been generated once can be used practically without changes for other types of the UNIGATE CL-series based on other field-buses and Ethernet. The firmware adaptation of your own terminal-units becomes unnecessary.
Hotline and support
A team of qualified specialists will assist you with the selection of the device, start-up, configuration and the generation of the Script. This offer is completed by trainings to the different subject areas.
Quick info UNIGATE CL-CANopen
- Complete CANopen slave
- Supports CANopen (CiA 301 V 4.0)
- Max. 255 byte input- and 255 byte output-data
- Support of all important speed in CANopen
- Isolated CANopen-interface, optional galvanic isolation of the RS-side
- Serial EIA-232- (RS-232-), EIA-422- (RS-422-), EIA-485- (RS-485-) and SSI-interface on board
- Bit-rate of the device's serial interface adjustable up to 625 000 bit/s
- Connection of up to 32 participants possible, when using the EIA-485- (RS-485-) device interface Script-language
- No change in the Firmware of your terminal-unit necessary
- Exchangeable for other Deutschmann field-bus gateways and the types based on Ethernet
- Dimensions (B × D × H): 23 mm × 100 mm × 115 mm
- Voltage supply: +10 V to 33 V, protection against incorrect polarity, short circuit and overload integrated
- Mounting: DIN-rail, optional housing versions, pure circuit-board version to include in your own mechanics
- Current consumption: typ. 120 mA, max. 150 mA
- Operating temperature: 0 °C up to +55 °C
- Field-bus (CANopen) functions: All specified NMT slave functions
- Technology: ASIC
- Certificates: CANopen, CE
- Galvanic division: Optional for the serial side, standard on the bus side
Script, protocol developer: What is it?
So to speak the "Script" language is the heart of our gateway series. The "Protocol Developer" gives you the possibility to generate a protocol for the connection to a serial interface with simple understandable commands in no time. The predefined standard protocols, such as the 3964R Protocol or Modbus RTU are used. However, the script language develops its complete performance capability only when you compile "your" protocol.
The "Protocol Developer" supports a variety of functions, in order to bring the received data or the data to be sent in the correct "shape". Mathematical or memory processing commands are known as from other programming languages and they are implemented in an understandable way for the layman.
To control the desired field-bus the default values are used. Then the user does not have to pay further regard to the field-bus. Or field-bus-specific parameters are used, that place the complete performance capability of the bus at the user's disposal.
The chief attraction of this environment is the "debug-window" that is included in the "Protocol Developer", which makes a real debugging, that is real operation, possible, provided that the debug-hardware is connected. Here the conventional functions, such as single step, operation and stop at a breakpoint.