The standard in control
The ESX® from Sensor-Technik Wiedemann (STW) is a rugged standardized controller proven in hundreds of mobile applications. Designed for harsh environments, it is freely programmable (in visual programming using IEC 61131-3 graphical interface or in C). Proportional valves are driven directly, saving expensive driver and/or controller boards.
The ESX® contains advanced measures for EMC and a robust housing for all automobile environments as well as an ingenious grounding scheme to provide a separate analog ground for sensors.
All inputs and outputs contain internal diagnostics, with protection against voltage overload and protection against short circuiting to ground or to supply voltage. An integrated safety relay provides a master switch off to all outputs in the event of any failures. The ESX is also available in a variant that is TÜV certified for safety relevant applications (SIL 2, safety integrity level 2).
- Processor: C167 (20 MHz or 40 MHz)
- Flash size: 512 KiB up to 1 MiB
- RAM size: 256 KiB up to 1 MiB
- FRAM / EEPROM size: 8 KiB
- Power supply: 9 V to 32 V
- CAN interfaces: 1 or 2 extended CAN (29-bit CAN-ID)
- Environmental rating: IP65 standard, IP67 optional
- Serial interfaces: EIA-232 (RS-232) line with programmable bit-rate
- Sensor supply voltage: 8,5 V stabilized voltage supply to 1 A. Other voltages available.
- High side digital or PWM outputs: 8 × 4,0 A and 4 × 2,5 A PWM outputs. The first five outputs have independently programmed frequencies.
- Analog inputs: 8 × 0 V to 8,5 V or 0 mA to 20 mA inputs
- Digital inputs: 16 digital or frequency inputs
- Temperature rating: Temperature rating from −40 °C to +85 °C (−40 °F to +185 °F)
It is possible to add two additional babyboards, each wich six I/Os. So twelve inputs and outputs are customizable and can be configured to create an optimal matching controller for any kind of application.