The TeSys U starter controller by Schneider Electric is a D. O. L. starter which performs the following functions:
- Protection and control of single-phase or 3-phase motors:
- Breaking function,
- Overload and short-circuit protection,
- Thermal overload protection and power switching,
- Control of the application:
- Protection function alarms, application monitoring (running time, number of faults, motor current values, ...),
- logs (last five faults saved, together with motor parameter values).
These functions can be added by selecting control units and function modules which simply clip into the power base. The product can therefore be customized at the last moment. Setting-up accessories simplify or completely eliminate wiring between components.
The TeSys U basic starter-controller consists of a:
- Power base, is independent of the control voltage and of the motor power. It incorporates the breaking function with a breaking capacity of 50 kA at 400 V, total coordination (continuity of service) and the switching function.
- Two ratings are available: 0 A to 12 A and 0 A to 32 A.
- Non-reversing (LUB) and reversing (LU2B).
- Control units, must be selected according to the control voltage, the power of the motor to be protected and the type of protection required (Standard LUCA, Advanced LUCB, LUCC or LUCD or Multifunction LUCM.
- CANopen communication module LUL C08.
- Add-on contact blocks, indicate the following status of power base: ready, fault and pole status.
- Reverser block, allows a non-reversing power base to be converted to reversing operation.
- Limiter-disconnector LUA LB, this unit is mounted directly on the power base. It allows the breaking capacity to be increased up to 130 kA at 400 V.
- Plug-in terminal blocks, for the replacement of products without rewiring.
- Control circuit pre wiring system, numerous pre-wired accessories provide simple, clip-in connections (e.g. connection of reverser control terminals, ...)
CANopen communication module LUL C08 allows direct connection of TeSys U starter-controllers and controllers on a CANopen network. Module C08 is of the slave type.
When used in conjunction with an LUC ···BL or LUC ·T1BL control unit, module LUL C08 provides control and command of the starter-controller and of the controller.
For local control requirements, the module is equipped with a configurable, 24 VDC, 0,5 A discrete output and two configurable discrete inputs.
The front panel of CANopen communication LUL C08 module comprises:
- LED indicating module status
- Fault signalling LED
- LED indicating 24 V supply ON for outputs OA1, OA3 and LO1
- DE-9 male connector for CANopen link
- 24 VDC supply connection
- Discrete input
- Discrete output
- Outputs for starter commands