The Advantys STB distributed I/O solution by Schneider Electric is an open, modular I/O system. It can be used to design industrial automation islands managed by a master controller connected to various buses and networks, including CANopen.
Each island comprises a set of modules mounted on a DIN rail (32 for standard, twelve for basic) to make up one or more segments in which the power supplies (logic 5 VDC, sensors and actuators 24 VDC or 115/230 VAC) are distributed automatically.
This structure created using IP20 modules thus can be used to manage:
- 2 to 512 inputs/outputs per standard island
- 2 to 192 inputs/outputs per basic island
Sensors and actuators are connected with removable screw or spring terminals.
The Advantys STB configuration software is used to configure the parameters of the numerous I/O module functions (logic of each channel, behavior in the event of a short-circuit or overload, fallback position, reflex functions, etc)
The front panel of CANopen network interface module (STB NCO 2212, standard or STB NCO 1010, basic) features the following:
- A DE-9 connector used to connect the island to the CANopen network
- 2 rotary node addressing selectors on the bus or the network
- An external 24 VDC power connector for the removable screw-type (STB XTS 1120) or spring-type (STB XTS 2120) connector
- A display block with LEDs for the various island states on the network: power, communication, send/receive data, errors, etc.
- Locking screw securing the STB Npp module to the DIN rail
- A slot for an STB XMP 4440 removable memory card (excluding basic module)
- Standard module: cover accessing the port used to connect a PC (for island setup and configuration, can also be used to update the firmware) or an HMI terminal (read/write data), and the Reset button
- Basic module: cover accessing the port used to connect a PC (for updating the firmware for the network interface module only) and the Reset button
The Advantys STB XBE modules allow extending an island. The STB XBE 1000 and STB XBE 1200 are used in pairs. The STB XBE 1000 ends a segment and provides the link to the next segment. The STB XBE 1200 starts a new segment with the link to the STB XBE 1000. The STB XBE 2100 allows connection of standard CANopen devices to the segment (for example the ATV 31 drive, FTB IP 67 monobloc I/O and Festo valve).